Information for overseas qualified practitioners

Complementary Health Practitioners generally need to hold full membership with a professional body in order to practice in Australia. To join the CMA, you must go through this equivalency assessment in order to be issued with a certificate indicating the equivalent level of education within the Australian Qualifications Framework.  This will be used to support an application for membership.

The requirements to work in Australia depend on the occupation.  In some occupations, these requirements must be met before you start working, and may be required by law.  Meeting these requirements is usually a separate process to apply for a job.  In all occupations, the employer decides who they will employ. Specific occupations that require specialised knowledge and skills in Australia have registration, licensing, professional membership, or other industry requirements that must be met before you can start working.

To find out more about overseas qualifications equivalence for Australia, please refer to these government departments, regulatory bodies, and resources:

If you are migrating or wish to undertake study in Australia, use this link for further information.

Still need more information? Feel free to e-mail us your questions.