About Membership levels, fees, and discounts
The CMA offers 4 levels of membership, these are:
Full Practicing Membership
May be granted to practising practitioners with a minimum of an Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy, Nutrition, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Western Herbal Medicine, or equivalent qualifications for Chinese Herbal Medicine from an Australian Recognised Training Organisation (RTO) or Australian University. Full membership also entitles you to a TGA number for purchase of practitioner only products, as well as FREE ACCESS to CMA Member webinars and nPod (the Naturopathic Practitioners Online Database), plus other special discount offers.
Full Non-Practicing Membership
May be granted to non-practising practitioners with a minimum of an Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy, Nutrition, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Western Herbal Medicine, or equivalent qualifications for Chinese Herbal Medicine from an Australian Recognised Training Organisation (RTO) or Australian University. Non-Practising Full members are afforded all the benefits of Full membership and may upgrade back to a practising status at any time. A pro-rated fee is payable and applicable documents may be necessary at that time. Full non-practicing membership also entitles you to a TGA number for purchase of practitioner only products, as well as FREE ACCESS to CMA Member webinars and nPod (the Naturopathic Practitioners Online Database), plus other special discount offers.
May be granted to non-practicing practitioners providing the applicant has a supportive interest in the Association’s aims and objectives, is over 16 years of age, and is considered by the Federal Executive to be a fit and proper person to be a member of the Association. An Associate membership may also be granted to a practicing practitioner who wishes to retain a basic CMA membership whilst holding another associations membership (Note: no private health status is received from CMA).
May be granted providing the applicant is undertaking a recognised course of training in Naturopathy, Nutrition, Homeopathy, Western Herbal Medicine, or Chinese Herbal Medicine at an Australian Recognised Training Organisation (RTO) or Australian University. CMA Student Membership is FREE and upgrading students receive a 50% discount off their first membership period.
- CMA Associate and Student membership are non-practitioner levels of membership. Associate and Student members are not eligible for purchase of practitioner products or provider status.
- Application for membership of the Association will be accepted conditional to the applicant adhering to the Constitution, Code of Ethics, By-Laws and fulfilling the below criteria.(a) Being that he/she is 18 years of age or above or in the case of student members 16 years or above
(b) That he/she is considered by the Federal Executive to be a fit and proper person to be a member of the Association
(c) Meet the requirement of at least one of the above membership categories.
The CMA offers competitively priced membership fees. These are outlined below and are current as at January 2023, but may be altered at any time by the CMA Board of Directors, without prior notification. Application and Membership fees once paid are non-refundable. Membership fees are subject to GST. CMA bank account details are located on our contact page should you wish to make prior payment via electronic transfer.
|Membership Level||Ongoing annual cost||Cost if joining April, May, June||Cost if joining July, August, September||Cost if joining October, November, December||Cost if joining January, February, March|
The Full Practicing and Full Non-Practicing level memberships require a $50 once only application fee.
The Associate membership level requires a $25 once only application fee.
The CMA offers a variety of membership discounts for new and upgrading Members in order to assist with cost reduction in the initial stages of becoming a new practitioner or setting up a new clinic location. Please see below for the various categories and costs.
CMA Student Upgrade
50% off first year of Full Membership
Existing CMA Student Members will be offered 50% off their first year of Practicing / Non-Practicing Full Membership upon graduation. This offer only applies to existing students if upgrades are processed within 3 months of graduating.
New Graduate Practicing / Non-Practicing Full Membership
25% off initial membership period
For those that have graduated within the previous 12 months of the date of applying for a Practicing or Non-Practicing Full Membership, without previously holding a CMA student membership, a 25% discount will be applied to your first period of membership fees.
Association Transfer Discount
15% off initial membership period
Those applicants that provide evidence of current membership with another natural therapies’ association will receive a 15% discount off their first period of CMA membership fees.
Terms and Conditions for Membership Fee Payment
- All membership fees are calculated pro-rata to a quarterly figure so that those that join throughout the year are not charged a full 12 months of fees. This also enables all members to undergo annual renewal at the same time each year. The CMA membership year runs from April to March.
- A new applicant must have obtained competencies within the specified period of time under the discount category being applied for.
- Only one membership offer/discount category per application may be applied (unless otherwise offered by administration).
- Application and Membership fees once paid are non-refundable.
- All applicants must meet the CMA’s normal, current, entry requirements.
- Membership periods for Full & Associate Members runs from April to March.
- All Members will receive an annual membership renewal in February/March. Pro-rated fees are charged when joining throughout the year.
- Any free period begins from the date an application is approved to the end of the current membership period.
- The above offers may be altered at any time without prior notice.
- All fees are subject to the addition of GST.