CMA Membership Terms and Conditions
It is important you read, understand and acknowledge the below terms and conditions for continued membership.
By accepting these terms and conditions, and proceeding with Membership renewal you:
- Solemnly and sincerely declare that I am the person reflected on the renewal form.
- Agree to abide by and be bound by the below criteria relevant to my membership category, regulations, and CMA Code of Ethics & By Laws established by the Federal Executive of the Complementary Medicine Association.
- Acknowledge that the Federal Executive, may in its absolute discretion, grant or refuse Membership of any or all disciplines, withhold, suspend, or withdraw Membership in general, or in respect of any disciplines without assigning any reason thereof.
- Confirm that since joining, have not been convicted of any criminal offence or faced disciplinary proceedings OR do not have any pending complaints against me in relation to my status as a practitioner/provider.
- Understand that membership fees, or other associated fees, once paid, are non-refundable.
- Acknowledge that should my Membership status be on hold at the time of renewal, or should applicable documentation not be supplied as required, my Membership will not be processed until such time as the outstanding items are provided.
- Acknowledge that further to point 5, where applicable documentation or otherwise requested information remain outstanding in excess of 30 days, my Membership will be cancelled.
In addition to the above, I also acknowledge and agree to the below Membership requirements:
- Practising Members:
- Failing to have current (20) cpe points, first aid, insurance and working with children/blue card (if applicable) supplied by the specified date, will result in my Membership status being suspended and health fund provider registration ceased (where applicable) until such time as updated items are received.
- Where items remaining outstanding in excess of 30 days, I am in breach of the CMA Code of Ethics & By-Laws, and as such, my Membership will be cancelled.
- Practising Members downgradingto non-practising:
- Renewing at this level will see my provider registration (where applicable) ceased.
- Understand that as a registered practising member during the Membership period ending, I must have supplied or supply, the required minimum of 20 cpe points for that period, by the due date.
- Further acknowledge points 6, 7 & 10.
- Non-Practising Members:
- Confirm that you do not currently operate as a practitioner providing private patient consultations.
- Understand that should I return to practice, I must advise the CMA administration to upgrade my Membership level.
- Further acknowledge points 6 & 7.
- Non-practising Members upgrading to practising:
- When upgrading to practising, I agree to point 6, 7, 8 & 9.
- Where not already provided, I will need to forward copies of:
- clinic address, contact number, photos and start date
- valid first aid certificate (HLTAID011)
- valid professional indemnity and public/products liability insurance certificate of currency, to a minimum value or $2M & $10M respectively.
- valid Working with Children/Blue Card (if required under state/territory legislation)
- Provisional Members:
- I will show continued studies an accredited course in line with current minimum educational entry standards.
- Provisional membership is valid for a maximum of 3 years at which time must be assessed for consideration of upgrade or extension.
- Associate Members:
- I continue to demonstrate a genuine support for the activities of the CMA and the natural therapies industry, by way of relevant employment or personal pursuits.
Tick the checkbox to agree to these terms and conditions and place your order